We (Emerald Dental) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information We May Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you (or any third party for whom you are acting) :
Information that you (or any third party using our site on your behalf) provide by filling in forms on our website www.emeralddental.in. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website. By permitting a third party to add information to our website and/or carry out any transactions or make enquiries on the site on your behalf, you hereby confirm that such third party has your consent to do so.
If you (or any third party for whom you are acting) contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect device-specific information (such as your email and phone number).
When you use IDA Application services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We may use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide Google with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points.
IP Addressess and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognize you (or any third party for whom you are acting) when you return to our website.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you (or any third party for whom you are acting) will not be transferred to, or stored at, a destination outside the Dental Community.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you (or any third party for whom you are acting) in the following ways :
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you (or any third party for whom you are acting) and us.
- To allow you (or any third party for whom you are acting) to participate in interactive features of our service, when you (or any third party for whom you are acting) choose to do so.
- To notify you (or any third party for whom you are acting) about changes to our service.
We may also use your data (or that of any third party for whom you are acting), or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you (or any third party for whom you are acting) with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you (or any third party for whom you are acting) and we or they may contact you (or any third party for whom you are acting) about these by post or telephone.
If you (or any third party for whom you are acting) are an existing customer, we will only contact you (or any third party for whom you are acting) by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you or to any third party who carried out the transaction on your behalf.
If you (or any third party for whom you are acting) are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data (or that of any third party for whom you are acting), we (or they) will contact you (or any third party for whom you carried out the transaction) by electronic means only if you (or any third party for whom you are acting) have consented to this.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information (or that of any third party for whom you are acting) to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information (or that of any third party for whom you are acting) to third parties :
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If the Indian Dental Association or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use or Terms and Conditions of Supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Indian Dental Association, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You (or any third party for whom you are acting) have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You (or any third party for whom you are acting) can also exercise the right at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.